Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Bob - No Ordinary Cat


Bob - No Ordinary Cat
author: James Bowen
published by: Hodder & Stoughton
released: February 1st 2013
pages: 304
my rating: 3 out of 5 stars













'We are all given second chances every day of our lives, but we don't usually take them. Then I met Bob.'

James Bowen was a homeless musician, busking on the streets of London to survive. But the moment he met an injured stray cat with ginger fur and big green eyes, his life began to change. Together James and Bob the cat faced the world - and won.

This book was something I had to read for my english class and I have to admit, when I first heard of it I thought it was going to be really boring. But to be honest it really surprised me. The book title and cover makes it seem like it's just about a cat and while it's true that a majority of this book focuses on the cat Bob it wasn't as bad as I had thought.
It's actually a real story from James perspective about how Bob changed his life and helped him get back on track again. This (James past and his way to leave it behind) was the aspect of the book that I really enjoyed. James used to be homeless and has struggles with lots of different problems in his past. He is making his money by busking in London. But finding and caring for Bob helps him to slowly get better and leave his old life behind.
Even though I did think that it's a little cheesy to say a cat changed his life, in this case it's the truth. Personally I think that it shows how everyone can change something if he/she finds the motivation to do so and in this case the motivation for James to change his life once and for all was Bob.

So yeah, I guess I kind of liked it after all. I always go into books I have to read for school expecting the worst (believe me, I had to read some really bad books for school) and it turns out I actually enjoyed this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment